Meetings and Information for Folks Running Black Bass Tournaments on the Tidal Waters of the Chesapeake Bay
March 19, 2018 - Joe Love, Tidal Bass Manager, MD DNR and Steve Weimar, Black Bass Advisory Subcommittee and tournament director for Chester County Bass Masters, held a video conference for directors of tournaments on MD tidal waters to discuss
1) Status of statewide black bass fisheries;
2) Review of permit requirements for hosting black bass tournaments;
3) Issues Reviewed by the Black Bass Advisory Subcommittee;
4) Director of Fishing and Boating Service's Black Bass Conservation Award; and
5) Tournament locations and critical discussion of improvements for tournament organizers.
See below for a link to a pdf of the slides used in the webinar and video of the discussion portion of the conference.
March 28 2017 - Joe Love, Tidal Bass Manager, MD DNR and Chester County Bass Masters (Steve Weimar and Stan Horne), held a video conference for directors of tournaments on the Upper Chesapeake Bay to discuss 1) status of the upper bay fishery; 2) existing permit conditions for upper bay tournaments; 3) infrastructure for staging tournaments in upper bay; 4) the Black Bass Advisory Subcommittee, a subcommittee of the department's Sport Fisheries Advisory Commission; and 5) problems or concerns with the upper bay fishery.
See also the Tournament Directors discussion forum (registration required to participate)